Sunday, June 15, 2008

Air Mail Card

This card uses a couple of retired sets, but I just love how it turned out, so I thought I would share it anyway.

The main set I used was Air Mail. It also uses Simple Stitches right along the middle too.

The left side of the card was done with Cocoa cardstock. There are a couple of steps involved to have it turn out like it did. The first thing I did with the cardstock was crinkle it up into a tight little ball. I then flattened it back out a bit and sanded over the top of it to expose the white core of the cardstock where it was crinkled. Then I took a sponge and inked back over the top of it with Cocoa ink. It created a very interesting look.

The right side of the card was stamped with a stamp in the Air Mail set on Bamboo cardstock, then I also used the sponge with Cocoa ink on that too a bit just to give it an aged look.

The main image uses the Slide Frames set and I stamped that on Colonial White cardstock using Cocoa ink and cut it out and cut the center of it out as well. Then there is our Hemp wrapped around that with a Silver Photo Clip connected to it.

The main postmark image is also up a little on foam tape just to give it some extra dimension. That and the image behind it of the script writing is also sponged just a bit with the Cocoa ink as well. And the card was then finished off with the three Silver Brads on the bottom.

It was actually quite a bit of work and my fingers were an interesting color when I finished, but I am pretty happy with how the card turned out!

2 comments:

Jena said...

Beautiful - love all the fun little techniques you used - TFS!

Stacy said...

Great card! It is beautiful. You did a great job with the little details.