Saturday, October 18, 2008

Shining Star

First, I have to say that this card was pretty much lifted from Nona Pearl Davenport. The link to her blog is on the sidebar. She has some incredible artwork!!

This card uses the Shining Star stamp set. Also the "Noel" phrase is from the Peace on Earth set. The star and Noel are stamped in Bamboo ink. The star was cut out and layered on the Colonial White and Bamboo pieces. I also edged the Colonial White piece sponging it with Bamboo ink just to give it a softer look.

The background paper is from our Notebook paper packet and the colors are Blush and Bamboo. The card was then finished off with our Hollyhock Twill Ribbon.




2 comments:

Tracy said...

Cute card, I love the star stamp set, think its going to be one of my favorite from this new catalog.

I have a challenge going on if you want to take part?
www.creativewhimsyartists.blogspot.com

Kim said...

What a beautiful card! I love this stamp set!