Sunday, May 25, 2008

Baroque Alphabet with Playful Flourishes

This card was made using the S in the Baroque Alphabet. That is such a rich beautiful alphabet set! The S was heat embossed and for that, I stamped the S on Colonial White cardstock using the Versamark ink pad. Then I covered it with our Gold Embossing Powder and heat set. Then it was layered onto our Black cardstock and then placed on the card with some foam tape to give it dimension.

The background stamping is done in Black Ink on Colonial White cardstock using the Playful Flourishes set. I stamped it on one piece of cardstock, then cut it into the four smaller pieces. Stamping it like that allows the image to just continue to flow. The four pieces were then layered on to Black cardstock.

The red is actually the Cranberry color and is patterned paper from the Everlasting Paper Packet. Then that was layered again in Black onto the Colonial White cardstock base of the card.

The ribbon on the bottom is from the Black Collection Designer Ribbon Rounds.

I was pretty happy with how this turned out! And I have not heat embossed in quite a while, I forgot how much I love it and how wonderful it looks!!




1 comment:

Tracy said...

Beautiful, I love the window technique you used! I love playing with those stamp sets as well!!