Sunday, March 30, 2008

Simple Beauty

This card was made using the SOTM Simple Beauty set. The "thank you" is from the For Every Occassion set. I think the idea for this came from the one of the BBs, but honestly right now, I cannot remember. So if this was your original design, thank you!

I stamped the Simple Beauty stamp in black and colored it in using markers. I don't use markers much so it was kinda fun and very different! The marker colors I used were Garden Green, Petal, Barn Red and Hollyhock. (I also don't have a lot of markers yet, lol!) The cardstock colors are Hollyhock, Petal and White Daisy and all the edges are edged in Chocolate ink. And I tore the complete edge of the card. So the "Thank You" phrase on the front is actually stamped on several layers. Then because we have clear stamps, I was able to re-position the "Thank You" almost perfectly over what was already there on the inside of the card, and stamp that phrase again.

I also added a few Sparkles for a little extra bling and tied White Organdy Ribbon around the card as well.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing what you did with this stamp set. I've been struggling a little bit with it, because it never looks right for me. I really like this - it looks fabulous!

belle d. said...

this card is awesome! i love how it's torn so "thank you" meets up on the front and inside! great job, shannon!
abrazos,
bella